‘She soars with eagles and navigates by rainbows’ Lesley Hazleton
I like to live in the moment and I find that nothing brings me into the present better than travel.
Margaret Mead, anthropologist and world wanderer observed that the traveler who has once been from home is wiser than he who has never left his own doorstep and therefore knowledge of one other culture should sharpen our ability to scrutinize more steadily and to appreciate our own more lovingly.
My favourite aspect of travel is experiencing new sounds, sights and delights of different cultures but meeting people in those places and making new friends adds excitement to a destination.
‘Travel is more than the seeing of sights. It is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.’ Miriam Beard
Top Tip Towards Terrific Travel
As part of my quest for world peace and in the pursuit of real happiness for all travellers, I’d like to suggest that men and women never travel together.
Well, according to my research (chatting with fellow moment livers during recent wanderings), I discovered that females look at the small details to make their travel experience unforgettable…. while mostly, men just turn up!
What Women Really Want… …Why Men Turn Up
- Accommodation with stars * Roof on building
- Welcome drink served on arrival * Minibar stocked
- Dining experiences * Food available
- Vegetables (meat optional) * Meat (grease optional)
- Fine Wines * Beer
- Meandering along cobblestones * Map committed to memory
- Finding new friends * Mate attached
- Optional extra tours * No decisions
- Slowly strolling museums * Pubs open
- Unlimited exhibitions * Bartenders awake
- Unhurried evenings at concerts * Stadiums accessible
- Chocolates on fluffy white pillows * Sleep (bed optional)
- Turn down nightly * Turned down daily
- Extra leisure time choices * Extra bars
- Shopping at thirty paces in every direction. * Last minute souvenirs at the airport
So… it is suggested that on arrival at the airport separation must take place until the end of the travel period. If holidaying in the same vicinity then paths may cross occasionally but interaction should be kept to the evenings.
Hmmm… maybe this is my opportunity to start a travel company with tours designed just for women!
What do you think?
‘When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.’ Susan Heller