Welcome to 2011

Change.  It has the power to uplift, to heal, to stimulate, surprise, open new doors, bring fresh experience and create excitement in life. Certainly it is worth the risk.” Leo Buscaglia

I have decided that it is time to steer my life in a completely different direction and follow a new passion… travel!

I love travel! I enjoy the event and the consequence. I love seeing new sites, meeting new people and trying to understand how a region’s history created cultural behaviours, apparel and wonderful culinary delights. I particularly enjoy observing how visual and performing artists interpret these events and so I want to taste each country up close.  I need to wallow in the aromas of life, fill all my senses with creative experiences and… I would like to share this!

And so, my ongoing plan is to set up a travel business that will offer opportunities for women to discover the joys of travel in small groups and share in the adventure of a lifetime!

Where would you like to visit first?

The Traveler IQ challenge ranks geographic knowledge of cities such as: Vienna, Branson or Budapest by comparing results against 6,509,717 other travelers. Brought to you by TravelPod, a TripAdvisor Media Network member

I have left my job as Coordinator of Operation Art. I have loved every aspect of this position over the last 7 years and in fact some might say that I may have been a little obsessed… but that’s what you do with things that you love and believe in so strongly. Working as a teacher for 30 years has been rewarding but being allowed to use those skills creatively on such a unique program for the last 15 years has been a privilege and I would like to thank everyone who has worked alongside me. I am so proud of how far we have come!

Recently, I was sent an amusing vocabulary list (below) derived from working with a large government organisation. You can beat yourself up, you can smile or you can leave… I choose to leave smiling!

• SALMON DAY: The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die.
  • SEAGULL MANAGER: A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything and then flies out.
  • PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
  • BLAMESTORMING: Sitting in a group, repeatedly discussing failing aspects of a project and who is responsible.
  • PEDESTRIAN SUBMISSION: Annually, quarterly or monthly fills in forms using the correct font and type space requesting ongoing approval for previous requests.
  • CUBE FARM: An office filled with cubicles.
    PRAIRIE DOGGING: When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm and people’s heads pop up over the walls to see what’s going on. This also applies to applause for a promotion or birthday because there may be cake.
  • OH-NO SECOND:  That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you’ve just made a BIG mistake eg: you’ve hit ‘reply all”.
  • MYSTERY BUS *my favourite*: The bus that arrives at the pub on Friday night while you’re in the toilet after your 5th red and whisks away all the unattractive people so the pub is suddenly packed with stunners and great intellects when you come back in.

Enjoy what 2011 brings you!