Come Fly With Me!

‘Come fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly away’ – Michael Buble

I am about to start my next adventure!

It really is about to happen in ‎2 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes and 36 seconds…35 secs… 34s… 33… Well, I guess you get the idea. Very soon Rob and I will fly to Munich where I have found a ‘prettily furnished 2 room apartment in München-Schwabing’ about 3 kms north of Munich Centre.

I’ve seen the pics on the internet and we’ve paid online. Is it pretty? How big are those rooms? Will it fit visitors? Who is dropping in during my time away?All this… and more will be revealed soon! In fact, after our 22 hour journey, we land at 5:30am and have arranged to meet our land lord at 9:30am. Gee, I hope it really exists!!!

Yes, this time next week I will begin to dine daily on dumplings and Weinzenbier followed by sausages and sauerkraut. The slim trim unfit vision you’ve known from past years will, over the next three months, become the frivously, fat and frumpy Fräulein Fiona!

I’m looking forward to walking up Leopoldstraβe and past the Englischer Garten to Marianplatz and watching the Glockenspiel. I can’t wait to see this beautiful old carillon again. On our first day in town, I intend to stand shoulder to shoulder with every other tourist crowded into the square at noon to hear the Glockenspiel chime and watch the 32 life-sized figures reenact historical Bavarian events.  Yes, I’m a dag at heart and I know I’m going to fit into Munchen just fine!

Am I scared? I have been asked this often lately.

No…I wasn’t! I do feel a little sympathy for the Munich locals…but I’m sure they’ll get used to me eventually.

I am excited!   Prost!

So please join me as I:

• learn a new language and converse badly with the locals
  • get lost in the Pinakothek der Moderne, The Alte Pinakothek and the The Neue Pinakothek
  • try and buy new tastes from the bustling Viktualienmark
  • rock and roll to an oompah beat at the Hofbräuhaus
  • party in September till the last drop of Oktoberfest
  • cruise along the castle road
  • proudly watch Modern Error perform at the Taubertal Festival at Rothenburg ob der Tauber on the “Sounds-For-Nature” stage as Australian winners for the Emergenza Newcomer Contest

Photobucket

1 Comment

1. Kate says:

have a great fantastic amazing time… will watch for news with bated breath!